Smashwords Experiment (Review of "Ring of Coal and Roses")


"Ring of Coal and Roses"
a short story by Nich Wise
free offering on Smashwords

Genre classification: Gay/Lesbian fiction


Hello Awesome Visitors!

A few days ago, I spoke on embarking on a Smashwords experiment, with the purpose of answering a question posed by a fellow author. If you need a refresher of the post, click here.

This is book two of the experiment. The first book I selected was so horrible that I opted not to post my review on Interludes, although I did share my thoughts on Smashwords. On this blog, it will only be 3 stars and up that will get views.


This is the 1st book I'm reading from this author. I'm uncertain whether it's meant to be a standalone or if it's a continuation of a series based on how the story started.

Also, just an observation, the cover of the book looks more suited for one of those soap opera romances than the content inside.

Now on to the content.

I do enjoy the camaraderie of the characters as well as how helpful Daiyuu's old friends were in assisting with her plans. The twist at the end was very touching as well. Overall, a cute, quick vanilla read.


The Rating


3.5 out of 5



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Talk Thursday: Episode 7

Show Me (Behind the Stuntin')

Let's Talk: Release (Concordant Vibrancy 5)