Show Me (Behind the Stuntin')


Show me the man behind the stuntin
I keep getting this feelin’ that you straight frontin’
Your profile seems too squeaky clean from E-harmony;
Your looks getting females shook and all over your Facebook,
But it just seems something’s not quite right;
I picked up on it from just the first night.

No, you didn’t show me any disrespect,
But you’ve given me so much stuff to reflect.
You spit so much about the things you have,
Like the new paint job you just got on your Jag,
And the money you dropped on your fancy condo-
Floor so clean you can eat off the floor!

And I know for many women, you’re totally awesome!
But I’m not like most; I proceed with caution.

Yes, I’m pleased you finished at the top of your class
And there’s no criminal record on your ass
And that you’re dressed like a man from GQ-
No, I’m not trying to knock what you do!

But with all that being said,
Tell me what’s going through your head.

Without starting the statement with “I got
Followed by “dot..dot…dot”.
Or bragging about knocking the dust off
So you can set my platinum choca off,
Crooning Legend’s, “Best You Ever Had”
While taking me to ultimate climax.

And where I was hearing a symphony before,
Crickets are now knocking at the door.

Yes, to others, you’re really something
But to me, you’re definitely straight frontin’!

A real man doesn’t have to swag
Because he is busy putting in work.
A real man doesn’t have time to talk
Because he’s busy making platinum choca squirt.

To me, what you got doesn’t make who you are.
Being yourself makes you a true superstar.

So when you start showing me the man
Behind all the obvious stuntin’
Then, you’ll have a better shot at me:
Just keeping it one hundred.

© 2012

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Talk Thursday: Episode 7

Sweet Dream