Let's Talk Thursday: The "Vibrancy" Overview

Hello Awesome Visitors! Guess what time it is? It is time for a new episode of ...


Today, I want to do a bit of an overview of "All Things Concordant Vibrancy" and share some excerpts from each entry that was part of each book. I am currently working on my contribution to Concordant Vibrancy 5, which I hear will be the last book in the series.


Concordant Vibrancy 1
Element: Earth

My story:
"Lester's Release"


Excerpt:

The leather chairs of the conference room rolled backward. Everyone quickly opened the double doors. While his boss and fellow co-workers scurried to the banquet hall for lunch, Lester stayed behind packing up his laptop and projector.

The click echoed slightly after he unlocked his briefcase. Lester tossed the bundle of papers inside.  As he shoved his favorite gel pens into the corner pocket, he felt a smooth surface. His gray eyes sparkled with glee. Ensuring the conference room doors were still closed, he pulled the shiny discovery from his briefcase. 


Concordant Vibrancy 2
Element: Air

My story:
"Return to Hues"


Excerpt:

Ever since the blackness entered me, my body had been propelled downward. I thought the freefall would never stop. Suddenly, I connected with a hard object. A blaring sound rang out upon impact before I tumbled onto a much softer surface.
 
All things were dark. The blackness had also covered my orbs during this event. Was this temporary or permanent blindness? 

More sounds followed the continuous blaring. Rustling: similar to the friction of the ovals, only different material.  Temperature of this environment was different … warmer than my world. Other sounds—much like dialect. My internal translator was not functioning. Everything was garbled.
 
I tried to tear at the blackness but it seemed glued to me. I should have listened to the elders, particularly my parents. Some things were just meant to remain undiscovered. 



Concordant Vibrancy 3
Element: Water

My story:
"The Satiationship"


Excerpt:

Examination of my head should be a requirement. Kenny is the Lexus personification in human form. Exquisitely made, highly intelligent, with an emotional maturity far beyond any individual I’ve ever encountered. The physical act is more like a séance, where intimacy is at its highest frequency.

No, it’s not Kenny. It was never Kenny. It was always me.

It is definitely me. 

Surrounded by all of this perfection, my compulsion surfaced. When the tiniest inkling of flirtation blossomed, letting Opal know my relationship status was the first thing that should have come out of my mouth. Yet, I treated my bond with Kenny like a hard lump, swallowing it while I played the role of a free spirit.


Concordant Vibrancy 4
Element: Fire

My story:
"Antipode"

Excerpt:

The door creaked ajar. Morton stepped inside.

“Mort, dear friend, this isn’t a good time-”

“Carsen, I invited Morton.” Mr. Toler interjected, inviting Morton to sit in the adjacent chair. “I thought it’d be better to do this before making the announcement. Meet the new curator of Amphere.”

The wind escaped Carsen’s lungs as if he was sucker-punched in the gut. Morton? The new curator?

“This cannot be right!” Carsen exclaimed, more out of shock than anything.

“Carsen I’m sorry.”

“Really?” Carsen retorted, shock mutating into a hybrid of hurt and anger. “Apparently not sorry enough to refuse. On top of that, you had me come here, all decked out, knowing for however long that I was not to be the chosen one! This is how you do people Mort? I got you this job. I was your mentor. I was your friend!”



I hope you enjoyed this "vibrant trip" down memory lane. I'm excited for you guys to read my story in the next Concordant Vibrancy.

Until next time,


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Show Me (Behind the Stuntin')

Sweet Dream

Let's Talk Thursday: Episode 7