Let's Talk Thursday: Episode 15



Hello Awesome Visitors! Let's talk for a minute.

It is six days and counting until Continuous Drips comes out. You will have the chance to see three of my short stories on display: Derailed Endurance, Final Prep to Happiness, and FAN-tasy Island. I was raring to go with another excerpt but some other thoughts have derailed that directive. (Play on words not intended but worked out rather well.)

Over time there has definitely been an influx of erotica. If there were that steady increase of places that accepted erotica for review it would come in handy. In my opinion, the ratio between erotic reads and organizations willing to give their thoughts is rather expansive... too expansive.

I tend to write about different types of human interactions. Yes, they lean towards the erotic but I get caught up in the emotions, the expressions, the lead in to the sexual. For me, the mind has to have stimulation before the body can get started. It marks the difference between a revisit to a read and one that collects dust.

I'm also a believer that gender should not serve as a deterrent. Same sex situations are prevalent in Simmer Sweet and Delectable Things. Yet even in those things, there is reasoning behind the sex--to arrive at the final destination of pleasurable release.

Out of the reads I have currently available, Kona and Handy have been the most successful. I am just curious if anyone else has encountered the phenomena: where reads that do have same sex factors not perform as well as their benefactors.


Are same sex characters or characters who are involved in threesomes still off limits, even as more erotica authors have hit the market?

As of this writing, I'm leaning more towards yes. Who knows? Maybe change is on the horizon.

Until next time,

Desire

Comments

  1. It's interesting that you would bring up this subject because it is something that I have been thinking about as well.
    It's funny because I've seen in influx of rape erotica, abuse erotica, bondage erotica, and things of the sort, as well as people favoring said reads. And it makes me wonder...
    Is society saying that maleficent erotica is still more socially acceptable then same sex erotica. Which in my mind is just not right, because like you mentioned above, in your writing in particular you make emphasis more so on the emotional connection than the sexual act.
    This is what I believe true erotica is about; connecting with the emotions and becoming enthralled in something you may not experience on a daily basis.
    Yet the growing affinity for ominous erotica is taking that away from the reader and replacing it with horrific sexual acts and still the public seems to be okay with it. Moreover there is the aspect of reviews (positive ones) being given on said works. That makes no sense to me. (SMH)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does go back to violence being more accepted by society than depictions of sex. Unfortunately, literature is not the exception.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Show Me (Behind the Stuntin')

Let's Talk Thursday: Episode 7

Sweet Dream