Sunday Speak: The Story That Almost Wasn't



Hello Awesome Visitors!  How has everyone been?  There has been some time since we've had Sunday Speak.

While writing Convoluted Prism, for a while I was on a roll.  There would be times where I could crank out up to four chapters in a setting.  All was going well until two things happened: (1) I began getting to the more difficult part of the story and (2) There were some more short story ideas that were dying to come out.

Number one frustrated me because it was a part of my life that I thought I had fully gotten past.  Convoluted Prism is partially autobiographical and this section that I've approached is crucial to the tide of the remainder of the story.  Yet each time I got around to composing it, the cursor would blink at me.  I would start typing, read it, and then erase it.  I even tried to walk away from it and then come back.  Yet I was just frozen.

Number two, I wanted to tell myself that the short story ideas would still be there.  I just wanted to get Convoluted Prism out of the way.  Each time one would creep in, I would just tell it to stay back.

What was a girl to do?  I had put a deadline on myself for Convoluted yet a block was coming at the worst time ever.  After having a long talk with my publisher, I was encouraged to let the short stories flow.


A result of that awkward time period was Handy, a beautiful mixture of the changing of luck, the search for love, and a bit of the unexpected.  I really like that it's a bit different from all of my other works, and it is free for you to enjoy!




Until next time,

Desire



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Show Me (Behind the Stuntin')

Let's Talk Thursday: Episode 7

Sweet Dream