Cover Artist Shout Out



Hello everyone!

I normally keep my posts to Sundays and Thursdays but I'm breaking out of routine for a special occasion.  I want to talk about All Authors Graphics Design.  They are the ones who have designed all of my covers, and each cover I have a special fondness.


First I want to talk about Kona.  It was the first work that was ever seen by others.  I wanted something eye catching, yet not typical at the same time.  You see, covers of a mainstream variety (even the ones with the drop dead gorgeous girl or handsome hunk on the cover ), while being embraced by others, don't really fit the type of thing I'm going for.  I believe more in standing out than blending in.

I'm a fan of the glass coffee mug (gotta get me one of those) and all of the rich colors that encompass coffee.

KONA: Always free, always available

Smashwords & Scribd




Not too long after Kona, I released Simmer Sweet.  Based on the story line, someone did suggest with me it may be more feasible to go mainstream and show the love triangle.  However, I didn't want to take away the reader's images of what Chris, Teresa, and Kesha looked like.  All Authors Graphic Design was able to take an element from the book and keep it contemporary yet intimate at the same time.

SIMMER SWEET: Always free, always available

Smashwords & Scribd







One of the covers I love the most is the one connected to my novelette, Delectable Things.  The very thing I asked for All Authors Graphic Design NOT to do is to go for the obvious. This concept took a bit longer than the rest due to my special request but I was quite ecstatic once it was concluded.  The funky font matched one of the detail elements in the read and the only hint of what's to come is reflected in the moon bit just above the plane.  The many little things about this cover just make me smile.


DELECTABLE THINGS: Cheaper than premium coffee
(.99 cents)

Amazon, Smashwords & Scribd





Last but certainly not least is the eye catching Handy.  This cover rivals Delectable Things for positioning as my favorite.  The only difference is that All Authors Graphic Design knew right away what they wanted to go for, and with the exception of my changing a bit of the colors for the actual title, they nailed this the very first time around.

HANDY: Romantic comedy with an erotic twist (FREE)

Smashwords & Scribd







Even if I wasn't involved with All Authors Publishing House, here is what I can tell you for sure about All Authors Graphic Design:



(1)  They really believe in sticking to your vision.  Not once did AAGD tell me or pressure me to go with another concept.

(2)  They are easily accessible.  If I had any questions or concerns, they got back to me right away.

(3)  The designs they use are not those that can easily be duplicated.  I have seen so many stock photos where all they did was change the tone, positioning, eye color, etc. yet you can easily tell it's the same picture.  You won't find that here.

(4)  They aren't pleased until the customer's pleased.

(5)  They are sensitive to an author's budgetary needs.

No matter which way you slice it, All Authors Graphics Design is a win-win! Check it out and see what they can do for you.

Until next time,

Desire

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Show Me (Behind the Stuntin')

Let's Talk Thursday: Episode 7

Sweet Dream