Let's Talk Thursday

Hello Awesome Visitors,

Let's talk for a minute.

Disclaimer: Before we go on, I want to let you know on these topics, I'm no expert.  I am just speaking on my own experiences or those by others.

Now let's get to it.

Why are people in such a hurry to get to their own houses?  Is the house going to develop wheels and disappear before getting there?  

I'm not talking about if the house is on fire, the wife about to give labor, or to get there so one doesn't have to pay the babysitter for an extra hour.

I simply speak on the commute from one's job (or just anywhere) to get to one's home.
 



Must you go fifteen past the speed minute when everyone else around you is already going ten past it?




Do you feel justified in not using your small mirrors and cut into the lane without giving a shit if another car is there?




Must you treat your big SUV as a monster truck and be right behind a smaller's car ass?  As a matter of fact, that's bullying.  Small car--little person.  Big SUV--big mean person.  

Does that make me a bigger asshole if I don't even speed up when you curse and honk your horn?  I'm just following the speed rules.  If the cops come, who are they going to give the ticket to?

One hint: it starts with Y and ends with OU.


Image created by: Excentrix

To me, speed on the road is associated with confusion, anger, and accidents.  

Unless you're a cop trying to catch a bad guy, a firefighter trying to put out a blaze, or an EMT trying to get someone to the hospital, I say--just take your time.  Breathing will be more stable.  Heart rate won't be as rampant.  You won't look like a failed candidate for the Daytona 500.

Plus, you'll be providing the best gift of all.  You will have arrived safe and sound without killing others in the process.

Motto of this Thursday: Safety rules! (See, those wacky cliche like lines do come in handy.)

Until next time.

Desire

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Show Me (Behind the Stuntin')

Sweet Dream

Let's Talk Thursday: Episode 7