Let's Talk Thursday, Episode 3



Hello Awesome Visitors!

Let's talk for a minute.

Disclaimer: Before we go on, I want to let you know on these topics, I'm no expert.  I am just speaking on my own experiences or those by others.

Now let's get to it.

Is piracy really an act of flattery?

I saw this one post where someone said he had gotten pirated.  It didn't seem to bother him.  He saw it as publicity and a way to get more of his work out there.  He even joked that maybe the thieves would post a review on Amazon and Gooodreads.

Piracy (in short) is: the unauthorized reproduction or use of a copyrighted book, recording, television program, patented invention, trademarked product, etc. (Source dictionary.com)

Then, there's the other side.  As an author, you work very hard to get your work out there.  You set it at a price point you think is relatively affordable.  Yet, even if you sell your work for as cheap as ninety-nine cents, there are folks who are getting it and offering it for free.  The author doesn't see the profit.

I don't know about the rest of you but that would make me mad!

Simmer Sweet and Kona wouldn't bother me. Heck, those are free anyway!  But Delectable Things...I put some thought into that.  I know it better not happen with Convoluted Prism.  That's war paint and Vaseline time if that occurs.  Like Kevin Hart would say, "It's about to go down."

Find another way to flatter me.  Respond to my blog.  Share my links.  Review my works, but don't steal from me.

Until next time,

Desire

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Show Me (Behind the Stuntin')

Sweet Dream

Let's Talk Thursday: Episode 7