A Revitalized Muse



Hi there!

I didn't think I would be blogging yet here I am.  Actually, I never really "blogged" here before.  I would just post certain things I wrote and then be on my way.  For a long time my writings were few and far between. 



Recently, a Microshort I wrote (entitled "Kona") got selected to be in the "Winds of Change" issue for All Authors Magazine.  I was very excited about it but thought that would be the end of my writing spark.

A fellow writer really liked my story and asked if I could write three stories for her short story collection, Continuous Drips.  It meant a lot that she would ask me to be a part of it.  At the same time I was quite nervous.  What if the stories I wrote didn't do the collection justice?  

The main thing she did was encourage me to be myself and not to over think.  Once I did it all spilled forth with little effort. 

Out of the three requested, I have completed one.

I did write two other stories but my publisher believes they would function better as standalone works.  

One of them is called "Simmer Sweet".  The other one is called "Delectable Things."  "Delectable Things" is a bit lengthy so it is more novelette than short story.  I can hardly wait to share these with everyone.

In addition, my new found vigor prompted me to work on a work that has been "on again, off again" for a couple of years.  The original title was "Journeys" but I decided to change it because it didn't seem unique enough--there are quite a few variations of "Journeys" out there. 

Hence Convoluted Prism.

More on that in future entries.

Desire




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Show Me (Behind the Stuntin')

Sweet Dream

Let's Talk Thursday: Episode 7