Fan Down


Roars of approval
Claps
Snaps
Inhaling the ambiance of sage
Blending in with the back
And the black…

Being your Number One Fan
Is getting tiresome,
And I think I’m gonna go into retirement,
Pursue a new role;
Better yet, create one
For myself!

I’m stepping away from Fanfare.

Because I want to be Fantasy!

And you, who can mesmerize…
You, who are a master wordsmith,
Should already know
How this whole thing should go!

Taking sentences
Appearing as casual chitter chatter,
Padding them with Laugh Out Louds,
Making light out of the matter.

But what’s the matter is
It’s hard to be a cool undertone
When you are yearning, burning
To be warm, bold
And in a different zone.

All this Laughing Out Loud?
For Crying Out Loud!

All this cloak and dagger shit,
Knowing the joking represents
Stuff I really meant.

But will it ever come to be?

Will you ever leap out of your celebrity?

Yes, no can fault the impressiveness of the Legacy,
But at times, it’s overplayed
To the point where it’s almost known
It’s manmade, a façade:
A platinum sheath working overtime
To block out what lies beneath.

…and beneath I crave!

The humanity which you deem fragile
I soak up and label it brave.

Probably by this time,
You are working on your next lines
While lacing up your running shoes,
Putting your mp3 player on a groovy tune,
And your fast paced walk
Turns into a sprint,
You look to see if I’m behind you,
Appearing to be spent.

But I don’t break from my normal pace;
You must have forgotten; I do not chase…

If it is really meant to be,
You have to come to your senses;
Unshackle your fears and come to me.

But if you never do,
You cannot sit here and say
I never kept it real with you;
And although this holding pattern
Is your comfortable groove,
I have to get off this plane
And feel free to move.

© 2012

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Show Me (Behind the Stuntin')

Sweet Dream

Let's Talk Thursday: Episode 7